Textual editors theme
Ed is a Jekyll theme designed for textual editors based on minimal computing principles, and focused on legibility, durability, ease and flexibility.
Out of-the-box, this theme can help you build a simple reading edition, or a traditional scholarly edition with footnotes and a bibliography without breaking the bank. In our estimate, these are the two most immediately useful type of editions for editors and readers.
- Templates for narrative, drama and poetry
- Responsive design for mobile phones, tablets and PCs.
- Relatively easy to learn and teach
- Works well in high- or low- bandwitdh scenarios
- Easier for digital archives and libraries to preserve
- Open source, open access
- Unobtrusive footnotes
- Metadata in Dublin Core and OpenGraph to play nice with Zotero, libraries and social media.
- Automatic table of content generation
- Simple search functionality
- Annotations via hypothes.is
- Optional: Ability to generate well-formatted bibliographies and linked citations