Powerful new theme featuring Semantic UI for speedily creating amazing websites and mobile-hybrid apps on GitHub Pages.
Fork and Publish Direct from GitHub
- Fork OpenTheme as your own repo
- IMPORTANT: Edit _config.yml -> "API Keys" section to replace OpenTheme keys with your own
- Edit and publish _posts, or _data, or pages directly from GitHub
bundle install # Install Jekyll, Github Pages gems
npm install # Install Gulp and dependences
gulp # Build, test, serve and watch your local setup
IMPORTANT: Edit _config.yml -> "API Keys" section to replace OpenTheme keys with your own
Optionally edit gulpfile.js -> BrowserSync host, port to your local setup
Optionally, helper bash scripts available in /scripts folder. Use shove.sh to push changes to your repo. Use clone.sh to copy changes to GitHub Pages.
Folders Pre-processed by GitHub Pages / Jekyll
- _includes html partials reusable in layouts.
- _layouts html layouts reusable in pages.
- _posts Post types organized by folder. apps contains single page apps. blog contains blog posts.
- _data Static data files including YAML Front Matter, CSV, JSON formats usable by GitHub Pages sites.
- css add site specific CSS to custom.css. Vendor libraries are added as minified where available. Contains folders for assets referenced by custom or vendor css.
- img image assets.
- script Automation shell scripts for development, testing. [TO DO] Replace with Gulp pipeline automation, E2E, Lint tests.
- Gemfile defines gems required for creating local Jekyll building and serving "like" how GitHub Pages would.
Study following projects for best practices.
Jekyll built sites and themes
GitHub hosted sites